Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bourbon Chicken


When I use to make Chinese food, I never got it quite right. I realized I wasn't alone on this. Then, on a whim, I bought these seasoning mixes.



These are FANTASTIC!!! They are close to any Chinese restaurant. No joke. I have tried several of the mixes and love them all. And best of all, they are CHEAP! I find them at Walmart for under $1.00 but the selection is very limited. The local grocery store seemed to have a better selection. Also, you can find a coupon at their website.

So here is how I make my version of Bourbon Chicken:

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts washed, pat dry, and cut into bite size pieces.
2 green peppers cut into strips
1 red pepper cut into strips
5 carrots sliced thin
1 large onion

we use a lot of veggies in all our cooking. You can use any kind of veggies, such as bok choy (Chinese cabbage), napa cabbage, and broccoli.

Make the sauce (we like ours more saucy so we use 2 packets) and set aside. Cooking the veggies first and set aside. Then cook the chicken. When the chicken is done, add the veggies back to the wok (you can use a big saucepan if you don't have a wok), stir, then add the sauce. After mixed together, put a lid on it and let it set for a few mins. Serve with hot rice.




















No comments:

Post a Comment